Sunday, November 23, 2008

Ryan Story

One day when we lived at 212 Caladium in Lake Jackson, Texas, Ryan and Debby were playing in the living room and I had a very bad headache, so I lay down on the carpet to be by them and maybe get some relief. Three-year old Ryan came over to me and asked, “Mommy would you read me a story?” I said that I had a really bad headache and I couldn’t do that. He told me that I could if we said a prayer. So I told him that he should pray because I hurt too much. He prayed a simple prayer asking for Mommy’s headache to go away. When he was done, he asked me if it was gone and I told him that it wasn’t. So he said another prayer, and then asked me again. And do you know what? My headache was gone. I did get up and read him a story and felt better the rest of the day.

1 comment:

The Lowe Fam said...

It's so neat what kids can teach us.. especially one as cute as little Rynie. He had a lot of faith from the beginning, huh?